Thursday, October 27, 2011

bar stool makeover



Another trash to treasure! My dad saved this bar stool for me that he had gotten out of the neighbor's trash. The varnish was worn off on the top but it looked perfectly fine otherwise. Everything is free on this project except the wheels! The cream colored paint was left over paint that I borrowed from my parents after they painted their garage and the yellow is artist acrylic that someone gave me years ago after they had given up on painting and decided to focus solely on drawing. Two cheers for free paint. Hip, hip, hooray! I've been obsessed with adding casters to every new home furniture project lately, so I had these wood wheels in my stock pile that I purchased last year (or was it 2 years ago?). I'm very excited about my new kitchen seating! Salvaging and stool shortening credits go to my papa, Mr. P! The vintage table btw was um, "borrowed" from my grandma's house when I moved into my apartment about 8 years ago.

p.s. If you use artist paint, make sure to seal the surface with a clear varnish after it completely dries for durability.

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home