Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Oven mitts

My first quilted oven mitts! Attempt 1 (on the left) I only used one layer of Insul-Bright in between the lining and outer material. After I stitched it up I realized it was too thin and wouldn't be enough heat protection. On my second attempt I added a layer of cotton batting along with the Insul-Bright thermal batting with more professional results. I am thinking of doing another version with 3 insulation layers... hopefully my sewing machine can take the thickness and won't explode. The "light-duty" mitt will still get some use though, I tested it this morning on an enamel cup with boiling water and it held up well.


Post a Comment

<< Home