Sunday, July 15, 2012

Prescription fulfilled

My dentist prescribed the Storm King Art Center in upstate New York as a good day trip from the city.
Three legged Buddha by Zhang Huan

It is primarily an outdoor museum located in the scenic Hudson Valley.  They had a small exhibition going on in the visitor center/ museum building. My favorite piece from the indoor selection was this round bookshelf below.

Unfortunately we didn't come prepared, especially for a hot day in the summer. We envied the other visitors who were all geared up with picnic blankets, food, beverages and even art making materials.

Pyramidian by Mark Di Suvero

On the way back home we stopped at Palaia Vineyards for my first (pink) wine slushie and some bread and cheese!

We made another stop at the Woodbury Commons Outlets for a little bit of retail therapy.  Overall a good day, not recommended for the super hot days of summer, but still a good getaway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post! I love the pictures and the pink wine!
Can;t wait to see the pictures of the bookshelf that you'll make...cause I KNOW you will! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Ha! I wish I was that handy! I am scared of the big power tools. I am pretty fond of all my limbs and digits :D.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home