Sunday, October 30, 2011

Homemade marshmallows

(click image to enlarge)

Seeing snow on jack-o-lanterns yesterday had me reaching for some hot cocoa. I decided to try making homemade marshmallows for the first time from this recipe. Whenever I see them at fancy sweet shops and bakeries I adore the way they look piled up like captured clouds in big glass jars.

Results: They came out o-k, they taste exactly like marshmallow fluff to me. Also, the batter became so dense that my stand mixer looked like it was about to explode. Poor sweetie mixer... Next time I will use PURE vanilla extract and more confectioners sugar for the dusting instead of the cornstarch mix.

Now, who wants a marshmallow?


2 Comments:

Blogger bloodybunny said...

me!

9:39 AM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

I'm not sure if not-too-yummy marshmallows will pass through customs. :D

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home