Saturday, October 10, 2009

Essential Oils ~ Countertop Spray Experiments


I've been doing some experimenting on making my own cleaning sprays for my apartment. I headed to my local Russian pharmacy and purchased some lavender oil and eucalyptus oil. Lavender oil is believed to create a feeling of calmness and relieve headaches and eucalyptus oil is believed to treat respiratory problems and freshen the air because of its anti-bacterial properties. So far I've tested out the lavender oil by mixing a couple drops in some white vinegar and water in an empty Method spray bottle to make a counter top spray. So far so good! I've seen some recipes online that add dish soap to the mix as well. For tough stains I've been sprinkling baking soda on the surface first and then using the spray mixture to make a paste scrub.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine Clemmensen said...

Ummnn, sounds deliciously fresh :-)

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Kyley said...

I've been making my own aromatherapy cleaners for a couple of years now.

My favorite all-purpose (disinfectant) cleaner is a mixture of water and white vinegar with a little borax dissolved into it, plus a few drops of lemon and lavender essential oils. I use it to clean everything but windows.

If you'd like to see the recipe, I posted it at http://www.easy-aromatherapy-recipes.com/aromatherapy-kitchen-recipes.html

4:45 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Great! I will try adding Borax next time. Thanks for the info!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home