Saturday, October 22, 2005

Fabric design update!


Evan was kind enough to e-mail me letting me know that the zoo fabric I was drooling over was designed by Alexander Girard in the 1960's for Herman Miller for furniture coverings and wallpaper. I looked up A.G. online and I see there is a book out on his designs. I wonder if the book is good *eyes up to the side*, I would love to get it but I haven't seen the interior pages. Above is an image of another of his designs. This is definitely my favorite form of design, clean lines and straight to the point!

7 Comments:

Blogger verasunshyne said...

You've been busy!! I read your blog at least once a week, I love your stuff. . .I'm off to look for stickers in your shop!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a PAINTER!! don,t you forget it!! a PAINTER!!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also love Girard stuff, they sell some of it in this cool japanese webstore http://www.bg-shop.net/zakka/index.html

8:43 AM  
Blogger Cynthia F said...

oh that reminded me of this site!
http://www.maximodesign.com/
has lots of images of his work- love it!

11:48 AM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Those links are great! Thanks for posting them!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! So cute!

2:39 PM  
Blogger sam duffy said...

lovely work...i have really enjoyed looking through your stuff

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home