Saturday, October 22, 2005

My new best friend!



Hello All 3 people who look at my blog! I would like to introduce you to my new best friend, Xyron! In particular Xyron Model 510, he makes stickers for me and magnets and laminates things that shouldn't even be laminated! He really is amazing! Above are the stickers that I made from the illos below. It is so much fun and so insanely easy! I might make some sticker packs and sell them in my etsy store

Also equally as cool, but I haven't tested it enough is the Jacquard "Print on Cotton" Cotton Fabric Sheets. (They also sell silk sheets, how fancy!) You can print directly on to fabric! I was originally going to try to prepare the fabric myself and use the freezer paper method, but when I went to find the chemical (bubble jet set) that seals the ink into the fabric my local craft store did not carry it and they were looking at me like I was an alien when I was trying to explain it. Anywho, I tried it and it is super thin but I think it would be cool if you fuse it to another piece of fabric and you can make pouches and stuff with it. The scissor pouch with Monster Timmie on it was made using this printer fabric. I can't wait to make more stuff when I have time...

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Those are some cool stickers! And count 4 people looking at your blog
;)

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually count 10 people, Bob, Me and my 8 other personalities :D

YOU HAVE TO SELL THOSE STICKERS!! AND I WILL BUY YOU A PACK!!!!

Xyron is everybody's best friend!

btw, finally posted piccies of your bob :)

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial!

I use to paint the fabrics with the brush and colors.I also tried the transfer papers version as well,but ..forgot about that.Printing is so fast!And laminating fabrics,I read about it,but had no special idea what to do with it.
Thanks for sharing your ideas.

7:39 PM  
Blogger ar said...

I see your blog too, and love this stickers!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute !
What a great idea.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can count me !
I read your blog, as often as I can.sometimes I even have time to comment ;o)

love your stickers !
thanks for the link !

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mónica Calvo said...

So cool!!!!! 3 people did you say!!!! :D

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Laminiator is super cool, my mother has one at her work and I sometimes send stuff there to be laminiated - sooo cool. Your stickers looks like lots of fun!

8:09 AM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

I used the laminator cassette that came with the sticker machine with the thin printer fabric to make my pouch. A real laminator would make the fabric stiff, which might be cool too, you could use a hole puncher to punch out holes into the pieces and connect them with string or wire and you could make a mosaic curtain or something.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home