Wednesday, October 13, 2010

balmoral boots finished (finally!)


I finally finished the Balmoral style boots that I started in April! While awaiting feedback for the project I'm currently working on, I decided to try to finish up these boots. This is my first attempt at cutting, dyeing, and attaching the leather sole and heel myself. If I wasn't worried about getting brain and nerve damage from the toxic glue it would have been a tad more fun. I might leave the soling up to the pros the next time around. Maybe. Or set up a shoemaking station outside of my apartment :). I still need to make the insole lining (polka dot lining temporarily borrowed from my other shoe) and find some navy blue shoelaces. Yay!

Labels: ,


6 Comments:

Blogger hapi-ness said...

how awsome :) i'd love to be able to make boots!

1:03 PM  
Blogger kirsty said...

wow they are beautiful..*me want*

4:33 PM  
Blogger Tali said...

wow, they're amazing! I can't even imagine how you make them. What a great skill to have!!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

I want these shoes!!! When are you taking orders!?! (size 9)!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful! An accomplishment to be very proud of. What a great cordwainer you're becoming!

2:15 AM  
Blogger ANNA said...

GREAT work! u should be very very proud :)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home