Thursday, March 11, 2010

Watch Food, Inc.!



I watched this documentary last night and was thoroughly traumatized with the reality of food production in this country. Watching how animals are genetically modified in labs to grow bigger and faster, fed corn and other junk, and then later being inhumanely slaughtered was truly horrifying. I will definitely be more conscious of where my meat comes from or cutting out meat from my diet all together!

This movie just reinforced how important it is for us to buy organic and from local farmers. I will definitely be paying more attention to my parents & grandparents vegetable garden this Summer so I can learn how to grow my own veggies too.

I highly recommend watching this (very graphic) movie, it has definitely opened my eyes to what is happening in U.S. agriculture.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I saw this not long ago! The poor chicken lady! Was definitely appalled and have been trying to make better choices when grocery shopping.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Skizzarah said...

I feel guilt very easily, so I'm honestly afraid to watch anything like this because I know I wouldn't be able to eat meat again! At the same time though, I want to know the truth.

2:21 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Yea, this documentary will make you cry then. I know I can't realistically cut out meat from my diet easily and completely but when I do eat meat I am now willing to fork over the extra money to buy grass-fed beef and cage-free eggs and chickens. In the documentary they explained how the grass naturally kills the bacteria in the cows stomachs. I hate that we even have to worry about these things. They also showed that people in the FDA are in cahoots with these food producers, so no one is making sure our food is safe.

2:40 PM  
Blogger sheree boyd said...

Unfortunately cage free doesn't mean what you think it means...the cages are just larger or they are just in a big room w/no access to the outdoors.

also, all animals are still sent to the same slaughterhouse to meet a very horrific end to a life they would have preferred to live with some sort of joy.

the whole thing is very sad; the agribusiness is a horrific industry.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home