Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Recycled tank top tote bag

(click image to enlarge)
I got this idea from The Green Rabbit's blog

I used an old tank top that didn't fit me anymore, left over scraps from other projects and some screen printing ink.

First I used my scissors to make the neck hole bigger. Then I turned over the raw edges and sewed those suckers down along with the bottom of the tank top. I squared off the bottom of the "bag" by sewing diagonals on the corners Then I busted out my "buttons" screen with some baby blue ink and printed the image. After it dried I looked through my scrap pile to see what I could use to make a pocket and a key tab. 


3 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

So creative! I wish I had old tank tops now! Instead, I just seem to donate them instead of turning them into something useful!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jenny S said...

Thats a great tote!! Love the button print!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very fun! i will have to try this!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home