Monday, March 31, 2008

Maple Weekend

On Saturday I went upstate to check out Maple Weekend. I decided on a farm that was about 2 hours away from NYC.
remsburger maple farm & apiary
Maple Weekend
maple weekend - honey section
honey section

maple syrup evaporator
sap evaporator

maple tap
maple taps

bees please
some bee action

thirsty bunny
some thirsty bunny action

pancake breakfast at the maple farm
some pancake breakfast action

I stocked up on some maple syrup, some honey and a deee-licious maple cream spread. It felt great to help support a farm directly! I look forward to some more upstate NY outings this Spring and Summer. If anyone has any inside tips/ suggestions of places to visit I'd love to hear them!

6 Comments:

Blogger wadiefong said...

Excellent photos! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!
...for some reason, I can imagine a Timmie in your handbag, passed out, from overdosing on maple syrup drenched french toast :-)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Wow, I have never seen a Maple tap before!! AND I AM CANADIAN! If you're ever in Quebec, make sure you go to a cabane a sucre

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

oh that sounded nice. I'm off to New Paltz for a mini vacation in about 2 weeks. Its a great short trip from the city.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Sidenote: did your 3-0 birthday pass by unannounced?!

3:32 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Yes, the 3-0 b-day has left the building.

4:02 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Jannie- I will add New Paltz to my places to visit list. Thanks for the suggestion.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home