Saturday, January 05, 2008

Tip of the Day - Don't cry over fries or the lack thereof


This weekend Sal and I went to see a comedy show that we were really excited about (Family Guy's Seth MacFarlane and Alex Borstein). We got to Manhattan and found a spot right away so we were feeling great! Then when we get to the club we see a massive line outside(it's freezing out) but I notice a sign to pick up the will-call tickets inside. Ok, so we get our tickets and the lady is like, "you can check your coat and wait right here". So we're thinking, "Score, we don't have to wait outside with all those suckers!" After we wait a half hour inside we see the frozen suckers coming in. I ask the bouncer where we should wait to come in for the next show. He moves the velvet rope and places us at the front of the line. [everyone gives us dirty looks and snickers] Now everyone is seated inside the theater and they make the announcement that everyone has to buy 2 items from the menu or else they won't get an exit card. Which is basically a hostage situation, but this sort of thing is standard in comedy clubs. So I make my 2 selections- a beverage and some fries. Seems simple enough. I'm happy. So the show is half way finished and my fries haven't arrived yet, every 2 minutes I'm waggling my head around to look for the waiter but no waiter in sight. I finally call him over and he is like "sorry about that, I'll get them right now". 15 minutes later no fries in sight. Now I have fears of being held captive in a comedy club for not getting my second item. Soooooo.... this basically ruined the whole potentially awesome experience wondering about these stupid non-existent fries. The show is over and my fries are a no-show. The waiter says the kitchen is closing, do you want me to rush them out to you? Um, NOOOOOOOOOO!

Still with me? Okay, good!

So we exit the club and we go around the corner to where happens to be one of my favorite burger places. We go inside and order some burgers and FRIES. Some French dude customer in a hot pink wig was dancing around in there. I was a happy girl. Throughly satisfied we leave to go get the car. We get to where we parked the car and there seems to be a large gap in the street where cars once were. Hmmm...let's check the sign..NO STANDING ANYTIME. Frickin' great, our car was TOWED. After our minds boggled a few minutes trying to figure out who to call when your car gets towed we settled on 311. We hailed a cab to the pound, filled out a few papers and waited with all the other non-sign readers. We get called first. The lady next to me was like, "why did you guys get called first, I was here waiting" I responded, "I don't know". Then the lovely lady says, "F*** you both" and proceeds to say some derogatory comments about me in Spanish to the person she was talking to on the phone(loudly). Very nice.

3 am and a $300 fine later we were home sweet home.


The moral of this story kids is don't get upset over non-existent french fries it could always get/be worse.

The end.

Labels:


14 Comments:

Blogger stuffed said...

LOL Ouch!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Amy Nieto said...

OR.... you could've taken the train out there?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Rachael Herbert said...

Oh crap, I would have lost it for sure. Hang in there! :P

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

OH NO! Man, I have had a few days like that :( Yikes!

Was the comedy show any good? to make up for it?

1:24 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

The show was good but I wish I hadn't made the missing french fries consume my mind the whole time!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sal Cipriano said...

Amy Nieto said...
OR.... you could've taken the train out there?


Cold + Late equals driving. ;)

The tow/ticket was an oversight on my part that I paid for, but no big deal. I was more annoyed Marilyn didn't get her fries. The show was great though, and I take that memory away from the evening more than any other.

8:21 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

It wasn't about the fries. I was upset about the terrible customer service from the second we got there. They treated us like fenced-in farm animals.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel Rae said...

I once had a similar experience with chocolate cake, sorry to hear about the tow.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

blah, that sucks. That 2 drink minimum crap at comedy clubs annoy me, they always bring the 2nd drink so late then I just suck it down before the show is over so I feel like I am not wasting anything.

Anyways, any story that ends up with being the car towed sucks. Hope the show was good at least and you guys made it home and safe, the most important thing. :-)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Linda Davick said...

m., you're a great story teller.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Jok said...

Waiters always take the fun out of comedy clubs!
Once I´ve taken my wife to a very fun show, but one of the waitress ended up crying outloud due to a client´s claim (I BET it was all about fries!).
Oh, such a sad picture a young girl crying!
Almost felt guilty about the smile the show had put on my face.

And yeah, problems with cars usually take the fun out of a night out.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jok said...

PS: Sorry for the awful english!

11:35 AM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Your English is perfect!

I feel like never going to a comedy club again, it is so stressful. They should just charge more money upfront and get rid of the 2 drink/ 2 item minimum. arrgh.

11:52 AM  
Blogger ACipriano said...

Don't worry - I've never had good fries at a Comedy Club - they always blow! It's like when you're a young girl working at McDowell's and you get together with a dude fresh outta Africa to later find out he's a Prince when The King comes knocking on your door, "Where is my SON" he demands! If you wanted money you'd still be with the Soul Glo joker you left all wet and standing in your sister's room! Now you've gotta figure out what to do but all you can think about is the 4 tons of F'in rose petals you now have to CLEAN UP!!!

...wait, what were we talking about? Anyways, I know how you feel.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home