Saturday, January 02, 2010

coffee stain labels


coffee bottle

I've been playing around with labels the last few days after I became infatuated with recreating apothecary style labels that I saw in the Green Guide for Artists. I bought some sticker paper from Staples, stained it with coffee, let it dry over night and then ran it through my printer. After I did this I realized it would be much cheaper to just print on cream colored paper (to avoid the water warping) and use a glue stick to attach it to the bottle. The sticker paper was about $13 for 30 sheets, you can get like 500 sheets of cream colored paper like this for $8. The bottle is a recycled peppermint nog bottle from Target which was on sale for 4/.99 cents this week. Coffee and cute bottles for .25 cents each? Sounds good to me.

Ha! I just realized the paper I linked to was called Hammermill Fore MP . I think it is a sign that it really is for me :D. Maybe next time.


4 Comments:

Blogger nikole said...

They're really nice.

4:08 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Thanks!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Linda Davick said...

fun post!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Christine said...

May I ask which printer you use?
I just had business cards printed at Staples, and they turned out like sh*t (no justice to my own design on them). I'm scared of getting a printer that ends up being nothing but an ink sucker at low resolution.
I'd appreciate you revealing what you use.....

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home