Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tooth Powder

The first time I saw tooth powder was in a Japanese zakka book a few years ago. A nice Japanese lady was dipping her toothbrush into a round tin of tooth powder. Since I am fan of really old-fashioned things, I had to have some. I came across this small bottle of natural tooth powder that only contains 4 ingredients (natural chalk, mustard seed powder, sea salt , and natural plant essence). Regular toothpaste contains chemicals such as fluoride and sodium lauryl sulfate whose safety is debated among the medical community. I hate that companies just throw chemicals into their products because they are cheap to use.

Tooth powder seems like a good alternative to using regular tooth paste, but my only concern is if the texture is too abrasive for my tooth enamel. Does anyone have any experience with this?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tooth powder is brilliant!! i found it kept my teeth nice and white :) just be careful not to eat or drink anything too acidic just before or after brushing and you should be fine!

2:20 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Great! Thank you very much for your quick response!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger What Dat? said...

My mom's dad wouldn't use anything else...and people always remarked how nice his teeth looked. They almost sparkled.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home