Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sal's "Eye of the Tiger" post



My BF Sal wrote an interesting post that I think is worth mentioning. It just reminds me that we are all pretty much in the same boat. Many of us feel like we should be doing more than what we are doing now or have done. I always find it interesting when people write me for advice. I get easily overwhelmed by all the things that people are making and where they are taking their (art/craft) businesses as well. I write back basically saying that I am just taking it day by day. Not very inspiring for sure, but it is definitely the truth.

Now I'm all pumped up to finish my freelance work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Goodness! Its so true! Its never enough. Sometimes its good to just stop for a moment and smell the roses, count all the accomplishments and appreciate them.

Blogs and the internet is so great for inspiration but definitely it could be so overwhelming and one start to doubt their own abilities.

Anyways, Sal wrote a great post. And sweet words about you :-)

3:36 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

I definitely think the secret to happiness is just to be grateful for what you have and to not really expect anything more (a very un-American philosophy).

Expectations --> disappointments --> unhappiness

I just want to try to find a balance of pushing hard to fulfill my goals while at the same time being happy with everything that is going on right now. It is a difficult to do this when I have people (ahem,my family,ahem) around me saying I am on the wrong path. The right path for them being marriage,kids,and an office job.

I keep making fun of Sal by saying "J'adore" randomly. :)

Thanks for commenting!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home