Thursday, June 19, 2008

my teenage embroidery skillz



I think I was 15 or 16 when I embroidered this. I feel like I've gotten worse at embroidery in my old age. I need to practice more. While I'm at it, I should revisit my friendship bracelet making skills. I could probably incorporate that type of weaving into my work somehow. Woven softie belts?...hmm..

In other randomness, Sal & I won tickets to hear Bill Clinton speak at Radio City. Well, Sal won the tickets and I was his guest but anywhoo... Bill Clinton was wearing a colorful friendship bracelet. I thought that was sweet.


3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I think my friendship bracelets are taped in a scrapbook somewhere collecting dust in my parents home. Memories.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how lucky to win tickets! I remember having fun spendign lazy sumer afternoon makign friendship bracelets.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Great about the tickets! I do remember making bracelets and keytags and everything under the sun out of "Gimp" in all sorts of insane colours when I was a kid. Oh the 80's.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home