Thursday, January 04, 2007

Tip of the Day


for my blog, originally uploaded by m patrizio.

a.k.a. Learn from my mistakes.

Save your paint chips and keep them in a safe place so if you have to retouch your walls and don't have any more paint you can go buy more. Seems like a logical thing to do, but I didn't do it and now I have to retouch my wall and I have to go to the store and guess which color it is.

These are all the colors I have going on in my apartment right now. Click on the pic to see the notes.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since you have to retouch the wall anyway, why don't you just flake a piece of the paint off in a very unnoticable place, then retouch it when you get the new paint?

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been through this before. That's terrible, indeed. I decided to make a new suggestion for my kitchen, instead, and it became better than it was before. So go for it and good luck!
(and you have the most beautiful colors at your home) : )

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, if you scrap a little off, the person at the paint store can match that color for you.

8:55 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

but wouldn't it be impressive if I could just go to the paint shop and try to pick the right one :) I think it was called misty gray or something. Ok I will try to scrape a piece off somewhere. Thanks for your feedback!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Marilyn

Whats the URL of the website where you posted photos of your apartment?
I'd like to take another look at them if I may

Kisses
Millie

6:44 AM  
Blogger Lucas said...

I was looking on Martha Stewart's site and she suggests writing your paint colours on painters tape and sticking it to the back of your lightswitch plate. MIGHT be a good idea pour toi!

2:28 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

but then you are forced to take off the plate instead of lazily just taping around it... but I guess it is a good idea! Right now my wall is a lovely 2 tone gray..grr

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home