Thursday, September 13, 2007

office chair elements recycled



(click image to enlarge)

Here are some pics of what my dad + I have done with some of the office chair elements.

He found the wood for the base of the ottoman on the street. He chopped it up and reassembled it according to my sketch. Sort of- he used a bit of artistic license by adding a bombastic drawer to it...then he attached the casters from the office chair. We painted it using left over wall paint which I thought would be a good idea, but I don't really like the way it looks so I am going to just leave the interior parts and knob grey-blue and spray paint the rest black (phase 3). I reshaped the chair cushion with a blade and scissors and covered it with (sheep-patterned) fabric from my stash and staple-gunned it to the lid and sealed the interior edges with a wide ribbon. I will take a pic of the inside after I finish painting it.

Below is a pillow I made using the foam and batting from the top part of the chair. I added some fiberfill to fill out the corners.

I saved the pleather from the chair as well. I think I can possibly rework that into another project.



2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Genius. Good recycling!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Kelly Medina said...

Very cool - I think it is also way cool your dad had a big part in the project too.

Recycle, reduce, reuse!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home