Monday, May 16, 2011

5th time is a charm? Hopefully.



Here are all my attempts so far at making a mini duffel bag.

1. Total bomb because I used thick fabric (Happy Bears Take Note) that I had vinylized and interfaced. I struggled to turn it inside out and the vinyl became all wrinkled and disgusting.

2. Ok, let's try some nylon fabric now. At first I was trying to eyeball the diameters of the sides and length of straps. I miscalculated.

3. I then realized to get the right size of the side circles I need to divide the length of the body by π ... 3.14159265 and account for seam allowances. I should have paid more attention in math class for sure!!! This one is almost good but I don't like that I can see the inside seam stitching.

4. Pretty good, but some visible fabric puckering, tsk..tsk.., but from this one I learned I want to use the thick top stitching thread with matching aqua blue zipper.

I will try one more time for the perfect mini duffel bag and then it is time to move onto something new.

3 Comments:

Blogger DJ said...

Wow. Even your rejects look good to me! :)
That first fabric is so cute, too!

1:48 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

Thanks for your comment!

I think I will try again to do a "Happy Bears" one, but without interfacing and vinyl. I was sad that I ruined it.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Very cute! I like the sky blue zipper

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home