Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Sunday trip to the Bronx Zoo


Doesn't he look fake in this picture?

bronx zoo
This past Sunday I took a trip to the Bronx Zoo. I think the last time I went was 10 years ago. Once every 10 years is good enough for me, every time I go I feel bad for the animals. I may be projecting my own feelings here, but don't these animals look depressed? The only creatures that seemed happy were the otters and sea lions. The otters were all having fun together playing with a log and would look up to acknowledge the visitors. The sea lions were a crowd pleaser with the feeding routines they were doing with their trainers. Most of the monkeys had their backs turned (so rude but I don't blame them) and the rest of the animals seemed impossible to spot. It was an emotional roller coaster folks! I bet when all the visitors leave all the animals really come out and party with each other and giggle about hiding from the snap-happy visitors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Nieto said...

I did NOT enjoy the Bronx zoo, at all. Bunch of really unruly people (including adults) just doing whatever they darn pleased. Taunting the animals, tapping the glass with animals behind. OH MAN THAT PISSED ME OFF. And not a zoo person in sight to tell them off, which of course, forced ME to tell them off. Nobody cared, anyways. Ugh.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home