Sunday, January 08, 2006

My first zakka book/magazine!


My first zakka book/magazine!, originally uploaded by m patrizio.

I am going wacka for zakka right now. It is kind of like cuckoo for cocoa puffs but slightly different...I haven't figured out exactly what zakka means but it has something to do with 1. Handmade 2. Vintage-looking 3. Stuff for your house that you really don't need but have an uncontrollable urge to possess.

Oh how I love it so.

In this particular magazine (in Japanese) they've added a form where you can actually purchase the stuff from the magazine in it. Thank the lord that I do not understand Japanese or I would be in the poor house right now.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there used to be a store in my hometown called "Zakka's" and it was basically a dollar store that sold a lot of japanese stuff. they had some pretty neat stuff but eventually turned into "dollar plus" or something and got ride of all the "japanese cute" kinds of stuff. sad!

-alison

www.malisonian.etsy.com

12:33 AM  
Blogger ar said...

I can´t find any of that here in Portugal :(

5:45 PM  
Blogger M. Patrizio said...

oh poor Ana, It is not that common here either. This magazine was 15 dollars (expensive)! I would love to find a thick book of zakka one of these days.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home